11.30.2012

the answer is 42.

when I was in high school I dated a boy named eric sherman who once told me that the number 42 was the answer to all of the questions in the universe. I was in love with him so the number 42 became my favorite number. I also love even numbers, so it has remained the number I use all the time for random things.

a few weeks ago I was reprimanding a student and I said to him something like, "ok, good, I'm glad we're on the same page"...to which he promptly responded, "yea, page 42." thus ensued an entire conversation on the significance of the number 42.

if you don't know, the number 42 became famous after Douslas Adams had one of his characters in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy say, "The answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything is 42." Hitchhicker's geeks took it to the next level... but alas, that's a long story. you can read more about it here. 

anywhozzle, I had my students do a whole art project thingy based on their own interpretation of the number 42. it kind of didn't have anything to do with anything, but it was fun.




so for my last installment in the "I dress like I'm 16" series, I decided to have my friend take the pictures in front of my favorite project. today I went casual. or like normal. honestly, I don't think all that hard about what I'm going to wear. enjoy or something.






No comments: