2.12.2012

the package project

a while back I saw a post on a blog about something called 'the package project'. it sounded intriguing: basically you submit some information about yourself and then you would be paired up with someone somewhere in the world with whom you would eventually exchange a package of goodies. I thought, what the heck? why not? worst case scenario I would just make a new friend. and indeed I did!

cupcake couture is the blog behind this awesome idea. nadia  masterfully matched me with a lovely, lovely lady from Durban, South Africa. it was so nice to spend a few weeks corresponding with ellen of my underground attic. we have lots in common, but are also quite different. the real fun was poking around to find out what ellen was like and trying to decide what I would put in my package. and even though I barely knew ellen, I felt lots of pressure from myself to send just the right stuff in the package. it honestly didn't matter what she sent me - though just from talking to her, I knew she would send lots of goodies - I just wanted to send her things that she would love.

so what was in my package to her? if you remember around christmas time I made some rainbow felted christmas trees - one of them was for ellen. I also sent some of my favorite tazo teas and a pretty hand-made ceramic mug. and because I learned that ellen is quite artistic I included a copy of the artists way. there were also a few little things, but those were the things I really loved. my only regret is that I didn't take any pictures of my package before I mailed it out.

I'm sure you're wondering what was in the package that ellen sent to me...tons and tons of handmade deliciousness! there were the cutest handmade wire ornaments and some jewelry pieces - even some bindis! she even sent a few little things for madhavi, which I thought was so very thoughtful of her (and madhavi loved!) and of course there was some tea! she sent so much stuff it would be crazy to list it all. I was so happy and really felt her love and kindness. I really loved meeting her and participating in the project. I totally feel like I've made a new friend for life! take a gander at some of the goods...






3 comments:

My Underground Attic said...

:-)happy you're happy with your package...happy we became friends.

Stacia Murphy said...

Rooibos is the best type of tea! Such a cool project.

├ůsa said...

That is a great package! I wish someone sent me one. :)