8.13.2011

what I wore: jhulan yatra/balaram jayanti

it seems like a lot of blogs I read (like this one and this one and this one, oh yea, and this one), and those that are really popular, have this interesting feature called "what I wore" (or something along those lines). basically the blogger posts like 42 million pictures of herself (yep, pretty much all ladies, though I'm sure there's some metromen out there doing the same) in an outfit. I thought it would be fun to do this, but with what I wear to devotional/Hare Krishna functions. originally I was thinking about it in a very tongue-in-cheek sort of way, but the more I mulled it over, I realized this would be kind of fun for me because I love saris and salwars and cloth and patterns. what the heck, right?

today is the last day of jhulan yatra as well as balaram jayanti. instead of going to a local temple to celebrate, gita govinda and I went to a friend's house for a small home program. we were lucky enough to be able to swing beautiful Radha-Krishna deities and hear a little bit about Lord Balaram's pasttimes. here is what we wore.

 


gita:
black tank top - target
kalamkari style print salwar pants - hand-me-downs from my bff
me:
tunic top - eshakti
blue kalamkari patiala salwar pants - fabindia


2 comments:

Devadeva Mirel said...

you are so funny....and so skinny! how did you lose so much weight? anyway, cute.

Scissors and Spice said...

you forgot to the "oh hey, i was just standing here, biting my sunglasses" pose, the "Flirty kick up one leg look over your shoulder" pose, the "I always standwith my toes together and my heels pointed out" pose and the "big rings on hand holding purse" pose. ;)