2.22.2011

rachel kann

I discovered Rachel Kann a few years ago when she was a featured guest reader for OCC's poetry month program. I didn't actually get to see her read (I had to work) - I saw her name on the flyer for the program and decided to look her up.


I really like her ability to put spoken words to music - and then to visual video. her writing is the kind that I look at and think, "wow, I wish I could do that!" I  like one review of her that says: "[...]Rachel Kann has a knack for punching lines into our guts as our pierced narrator of sorts. she's like a one-woman Greek chorus."

alas, there's only two animated videos on youtube, and one poorly recorded live reading. I wish there was more of her stuff available online. enjoy!




(this one is harder to hear, but I really like the violin in the back!)

1 comment:

Devadeva Mirel said...

i'm liking the white...