1.08.2009

returning to the material world

as you may or may not be aware, my family and I just returned from a short jaunt to sri vrindavan dham. it was the same as last year - a quick trip during my christmas break from work - only about 10 days....including travel, which actually only ends up to be about 8 days in vraj. every time we would run into someone there who would ask us when we were leaving and we answered "friday" we would get a shocked look and a response like, "wow, that's so short!" or "why come all this way for so little time?" when it's all you've got, it's all you've got. something is better than nothing, I think.

so now I'm back to material living. while we were there, my husband and I talked a lot about how vraj is so surreal - so much not reality. I really do feel like I stepped out of the real world for 8 days and now I've stepped back in...almost like out of a dream. the re-entry has been very rough. our trip back was crazy and then I had to jump right back into working with only a day to try to recover. in the end, it was way worth it. we had so many extraordinary experiences of Krishna's mercy, which I can't wait to share with you all. so stay tuned.

No comments: