9.24.2008

getting back on the wagon

my friend devadeva of sabjimata jams keeps three active blogs. she writes almost every day. she's a mother, a jam maker, chef extraordanaire. point: she does have things to do other than writing. yet somehow, she still makes the time.
I think, really, I am just a bit lazy. I have always been that way about writing. this is pretty silly considering I have always identified myself first and foremost as a writer. but why dwell on it? why not just do it?

a few months ago I was in barnes and noble and I bought a copy of the magazine Yoga+. it is an attractive magazine - very nicely layed out, nice stock of paper, visually appealing, etc. I was especially drawn into an article about vastu...not because I am interested in vastu necessarily, but because the pictures were so beautiful. I would post them, except their website doesn't have the photos and I'm too lazy (ahem!) to go and take pictures of the pictures. the rooms were so serene and calming...and I felt that just from the pictures!
when I went back to work a few weeks ago I was greeted with a brand new laptop. this was exciting because I didn't have to use my slow dinosaur laptop any more, but it also meant I had to reload pictures for my screen-saver (yes, that was my first concern...). my old laptop had lots of different pictures of krishna that would flash and swirl about...but I thought maybe it was time for a change. so I went searching for serene interior decorating/architecture pictures. I wanted to be able to bring myself to another place - a happy, calm sanctuary.

and that's how I found Rang Decor. I love this blog. the author/decorator describes it as 'interior ideas predominately indian'. and it's just a cornucopia of goodies. exploring that blog brought me to a million other little sites with fabrics (drool!) and beautiful art. so please, do explore!
it also made me think of my favorite decorating in my own home. I really love this designer silk pillow I bought in delhi last year. I originally bought it for my daughter's room, but loved it so much that I decided to put it on my own bed. it goes so nicely, don't you think?

I think I'll go snuggle with it now.

2 comments:

Devadeva Mirel said...

uh-oh!! for gopa's sake, keep kishori away from that blog!!!!!

thanks for tooting my horn, sister. but i don't get everything done that i want to get done and i don't sleep (i've discovered sleep makes me tired!) and i probably have 3 months left to live but don;t know it.

don't follow my example!!!!

Arch at Rang said...

Thanks for this lovely post:-)

I appreciate it a lot:-)

Glad to hear that you like Rang Decor.

Drop by often.

Regards
Arch