6.15.2008

my husband.



today I thought I would post a few words of praise for my husband, one of the best step-dads ever. my daughter was a little over two years old when he and I got together. they hit it off immediately and have been bff ever since. they both have a ridiculously silly sense of humor and act like they're three (sorry, I'm just poking fun at him... ;) ). but really, what makes him a great step-dad and an incredible husband is how he takes care of her - she who is not even his flesh and blood. for a few years now he has gotten her ready for school every day - taken her there... some times picked her up. watched her while I was at work or at school. fed her. tolerated her. laughed with her. kissed boo-boos. played games with her. painted with her. taught her abstract krishna-conscious concepts, as well as the basics. all of this while working and going to school... oh and serving my lazy butt. I couldn't ask for a better man to take care of me and my daughter. Krishna has truly blessed me. I'm so lucky.

4 comments:

Devadeva Mirel said...

you know, you're right. he is pretty awesome. who knew jayadeva was so responsible of a guy! pat on the back for him from me!

Devadeva Mirel said...

who's piano?

kmala said...

we thought at one time that having a piano would be a good idea. actually, it was this super old, decaying, heavy thing that we found in the paper for free. it would have been really nice if we had to money to restore it - but alas, we did not. so I found it a good home and passed it on to someone who could appreciate and take care of it better than we could. the idea was to have madhavi take lessons, but that hasn't happened yet.

Devadeva Mirel said...

acha