6.06.2008

miscellaneous stuff...promos, etc.

see, I told you I'm horrible at keeping promises... so it took me two days to get my self up and writing again. it has been kind of hectic lately though...







a few orders of business. first, my friend dhanya is dancing in new york this weekend at a place in soho. she's incredibly talented, and anyone who knows her will testify to the fact that she is one of the sweetest, kindest, and most caring devotees out there. anyway, if you're around tomorrow or sunday and need some entertainment, I suggest checking it out. here is the flyer they have going around, and you can also check out the Trinayan Collective site for info.





you probably either know or know of Satyaraj das - one of ISKCON's most prominent scholars and accomplished writers. he is putting out a new book called "The Yoga of Kirtan" that he is quite excited about. Satyaraj has always been very supportive of me and guided me many times in my spiritual life, so I thought the least I could do was give his new endeavor a plug. I haven't seen the book yet, but from what I've heard it's going to be incredible - something like over 500 pages of interviews with the top kirtaniya's of our time, plus a CD with some rare recordings. can't go wrong with that! Check out this link for an interview with Satyaraj Prabhu and ordering info.




while I'm at it... I might as well throw in a shout out to for my friend Devadeva dasi. You might know or know of her as well. she's the jam queen. I can tell you first hand how scrumptious her jams are. I've personally had the strawberry... and I'm thinking of checking into the rose petal jam she's been talking so much about... anywho - her company is Sabjimata Jams and Preserves, and what I appreciate the most is her dedication to quality and the human touch. her logo is "buy human made" - I think that says it all.

ok, I wanted to get some deep philosophy in, but I need to figure out what's for dinner. I'll go into my new blog name soon....I'd promise, but you already know how that goes...

oh...one more thing. madhavi graduated kindergarten today. I'm so, so proud of her accomplishments this year. here's a pic... around her neck is her special "citizenship" award.

1 comment:

Devadeva Mirel said...

GO MADHAVI!!! Her hair has gotten quite long and luxurious! And I love the missing tooth look ;)

One day, hopefully, I will see cutie pie Dhanya dance...

Satyraja's book sounds cool. Excited for the cd.

Thanks for the shout out home girl! I think you have a future in advertising...