5.27.2008

srimati radharani

I called my husband from work today (he was home) to tell him about a job listing I found in the paper. he listened... or pretended...and then out of no where said, "honey, srimati radharani is manifesting!"
I knew he had decided to start painting the radha-krishna deities we purchased while in vraj a few months ago.
they are beautiful in 8 inch soap stone. the way we went about acquiring them is a whole story in and of itself - it's not all that interesting, so I'll move on...
anyway, when I came home and saw them I was taken aback. unpainted they were beautiful; now they are just exquisite. I don't think it's just because my husband is an exceptional artist - he is, no doubt - but I think also that radharani is blessing us with her mercy (oh, yes, krishna too).
I've been struggling with my chanting for a long time now... hmmm, the past 7 years? after my husband was done painting them for the night, he put them on the altar - not to be worshipped (they don't even have any clothes yet), but just for a place to rest until he can put them away. so I decided to go and chant before them. I can't claim it was the most attentive or pure or perfect round I've ever chanted, but I felt something while I was staring at her beautiful face. something that made chanting attractive, tasteful, even if just for a moment.

I was going to take a picture and post it. but I think I should wait. I don't think it would be right to put it up now, when they are not finished or dressed.

oh, and just so you don't think I'm too biased - krishna is also super beautiful. he has the most dreamy eyes I have ever seen. just wait until you see them.

4 comments:

Devadeva Mirel said...

at least you had a few good years of chanting ;)

looking forward to seeing radharani!!!

and i thought focusing on radha was for the advanced devotees....see, you are not behind ;)

kmala said...

yea, I don't know if I would call my focus advanced, exactly... more like misplaced. I probably wouldn't have so many problems if I focused on what I am supposed to focus on.

Priya said...

Can't wait to see Them!!!!!!!!!!1

Jahnavi said...

me too - can't wait - oh and bad chanting, no one's is worse than mine... so yay, I'm number one - kind of :D