3.12.2008

help...please!

ok, so my anxiety level is at an all time high and I'm super desperate. here's the story...

this semester I am taking the first section of my two part thesis class... i.e. the class where I have to do academic research and complete a length master's level thesis (50ish pages). I need to suppose an issue and hypothesize about it.

my problem: I hate every topic I think of. or they're too complicated. or too annoying. or just boring. please help me!

today I came up with the brilliant idea of trying to do something related to devotees... like "attachment styles of second generation non-indian born hare krishna's".... or "second generation non-indian born hare krishna devotee's attitudes on marriage and divorce"...but I'm not sure exactly what I would be measuring, or the purpose of measuring it.

so anyone, with any ideas, please help!! keep in mind that I need to be able to access some kind of reliable academic literature and do some kind of study and analysis of data. and it needs to be approved by the state - i.e. cleared by the powers that be so they know I won't hurt or permanently traumatize any one. and it needs to not suck.

send me your thoughts, ideas, anything... but send them soon!

4 comments:

Lila said...

Maybe talk to Saci-- she did her thesis on a hare krishna/psychology theme. :)

kmala said...

I thought about that....do you know how to get in touch with her?

Satyavati devi dasi said...

How about something like 'Integration: studies of interfaith marriages in the Hare Krishna communtiy and its impact on the further growth of the movement as a whole and the next generation devotees in particular?

Just a thought. :)

Lila said...

If I find her contact info, I'll email it to you.