2.19.2008

mundane


there's always so much I want to write, but just no time to do it. and when there is time, I'm just too tired to try.

so friday night, my husband and I went on a belated valentines day date in manhattan. a month or so ago I called my huband from work... the conversation went something like this:
me: "hi honey, guess what? I got you a valentines day present! want to know what it is?"
him: "sure, why not"
me: "I'm letting you take me to see ingrid michaelson in new york on february 15th!"
him: "um, thanks."

yea, that's pretty much how I operate. so on friday we drove into the city and had dinner at red bamboo... we feasted on lots of gluten. my husband joked that they should call it "carb bamboo" instead of red bamboo.
luckily, the place where ingrid was playing was within walking distance from the restaurant, so we took a leisurely (and cold) stroll around washington square park over to webster hall....where we proceeded to stand for about 6 hours straight. despite our numb limbs, we both had a really nice time. ingrid was awesome...she sang all of my favorites, as well as some brand new songs - one she had never played before. her encore included a cover of radiohead's "creep", which I really appreciated... that song is one of those ones that I feel like marked a certain period in my adolescent years.... after that she proceeded to do a bunch of tv show theme songs, which is always a good time. it was just lots of fun all around. here is a video someone took at the show of her radiohead cover...


on the ride home we were talking about what it would be like to move to vrindavan. I was saying how it would be really hard. my husband said he thought that he could do without most of his material attachments as long as he had music and art and some service. I don't know if I could do it, honestly. it's hard to think about because I don't have any steady service now, and I pretty much just exist in my crazy mundane, material life. could I live without my ingrid michaelson and law and order re-runs? I guess in reality I could... but I don't know, honestly, if the desire is there.

this is turning into blibblab because I'm really tired and unfocused.

madhavi lost another tooth today. her birthday is on thursday... she's going to be 6!!! it's crazy. she's practically an adult already. and I'm getting older too... another year closer...

2 comments:

Satyavati devi dasi said...

Washington Square Park... I haven't been there in so many years...

memories

Glad you had a nice time.

Devadeva dasi said...

i have faith in you. you could.