12.06.2007

day nine: no regrets.

I got a letter from a friend just a few minutes ago...I hope she doesn't mind:

"I've been reading your progress on the cleansing and your doing a great job! 9.6 pounds is how much I want to lose and you've done it! I admire your determination. Even though your ready to quit, I don't think you should. I'm gonna motivate you to finish it the best I can.
I think you are beautiful the way you are, and I really mean that. I always thought you were a beautiful girl, even in high school. And still to this day. Your an amazing person, and your so freakin smart!!! I have to admit, even though theres one day left, if you quit now, I'll be a bit disappointed. Its like quitting the race when you are a stone's throw away from the finish line...I know you can do it and I hope you will. I'll read the journal entry tomorrow and I hope to see your excitement in finishing your cleanising! Its like a climax for you (and me) I don't get to read something this exciting everyday, and its like a show I keep tuning into. PLEASE don't quit yet! I wanna read your excitement SO BAD!!!
I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed. xoxoxoxo"

I so much appreciate everyone's support. It really does help in the process. Don't be mad, but I'm planning to break the fast tomorrow. I know it's supposed to be 10 days...I know. I've done it before, and if I really pushed myself, I could do it again... but really, I'm ready to stop. I'm ok with it. I thought I would feel like a loser, but I don't. I generally don't like to start things and not finish them...but really, I'm good. I don't even necessarily feel like I'm quitting either, just kind of retiring early. I pretty much decided last night that I was going to make today my last day, and I've had my mind set on that all day, so there's no turning back now. It's ok; I'm ok.

I'm still really excited too. Even though I didn't lose anymore today, where I'm at is awesome. I still might lose a pound or two over the next few days...but even if I don't I'll be happy. And the most exciting part... no more tea!!!!!! yeay!
Tomorrow is supposed to be only orange juice... I cheat a little bit there also. I remember the first time I did it was such torture - the juice doesn't give you the same hunger satisfaction as the lemonade. I was soooo hungry. So I'll cheat a bit, do the juice, some applesauce, and watermelon. It's a way to ease the stomach back into solid food.
I have to say, I'm really looking forward to Saturday, which is vegetable soup. oh, I'm mentally drooling!

No comments: