11.30.2007

day three: comfort!

I didn't wake up quite as refreshed today, but I've felt pretty good nonetheless. I've been wanting to eat, though. Not because I necessarily feel hungry, but because I miss my old friend, i.e. food. In fact, right now I don't feel hungry at all, but the smell of the curly fries my husband is making right now is enough to make me want to fall off the wagon. I'm keepin' strong though, drinkin' the drink, trying to stay as stress free as possible...

I'm down almost 5lbs. I was shocked that I had lost so much more today. My pants aren't tight, yeay! The great thing about this fast (and perhaps the only thing that really makes it possible) is the instant gratification. Pain, then pleasure... what mode is that? Pain in the beginning, pleasure in the end? Oh yes, passion. Well, that's the story of my life. but I kind of see this as a way to move more towards goodness, eating healthier to avoid the pain altogether. Is it possible? I don't know, in the material world, probably not.

2 comments:

satyavati said...

Hi-
Congrats on making it so far! Is it something special you're drinking? I am so intrigued and you are inspiring me to do something like this.. except I don't know if I can do it and still make it to work.. on the other hand, being at home around the fridge might be too much to bear...
Is the psychological aspect of all this really tough to handle?
Really, you're so inspiring me.. it would be good to do something to clean out my physical (and mental) self. When/if you feel up to it, could you explain it all to me?
Thanks!

kmala said...

harihari, I would be happy to give you as much info as I can. why not email me and we can discuss that way... it would probably be easier...kmddasi@hotmail.com